• The Royal County of Berkshire Shooting School Limited;
• The Really Wild Clay Company Limited; and
• The British Field Sports Agency Limited.
Where we offer our products for sale online or by phone, you must read the Terms and Conditions and Delivery and Returns, which will govern the terms and conditions of any such purchases made in this way.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
To be able to carry out any Clay Pigeon Shooting, Game Shooting, Simulated Days, Social Shoots or join the Young Shot Academy you will need to register with us via Registration Forms. We collect the information from you as detailed below:
• During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested you enable Royal Berkshire Shooting to provide you with the services you select;
• In order to use our Shooting School Services you will also have to provide information relating to any criminal convictions in order to satisfy the requirements of section 21 Firearms Act 1968. By confirming this information by way of a tick box on the Registration Form you enable Royal Berkshire Shooting to be legally entitled to provide you with the Shooting School Services you select;
• When you purchase products online or by phone, we collect information such as your purchase details and relevant payment information. In addition, we will also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our shooting days), when you provide your details when you visit us, or contact us by telephone. Please note that phone calls will on occasion be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
• If you choose to interact with Royal Berkshire Shooting Group via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform;
• We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect”, below; and
• We currently use CCTV around our grounds for the purposes of preventing crime, protecting buildings from damage, disruption, vandalism and other crime and for the personal safety of staff, visitors and other members of the public and to act as a deterrent against crime.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
• Record your attendance of any visits to Royal Berkshire Shooting School in case of any issues arising during or after your visit;
• Provide Shooting School Services to you including lessons and tutorials;
• Manage and fulfil purchase orders and facilitate delivery from our School Shop;
• Manage our accounts and records;
• Deal with your enquiries and requests;
• Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
• Identify products and Shooting School Services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
• Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
• Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the Shooting School Services we provide to our customers;
• Undertake prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our Platform and Shooting School Services secure; and
• Understand how our Shooting School Services and Platform are used so that we can continuously improve our Shooting School Services, Platform and other offerings.
Where you have agreed to a particular use of your information, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (for example, for us to send you marketing communications) by contacting us (see the section headed “Contact us” below). We also process your information where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
Cookies and other information that we automatically collect
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognise your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
• First party cookies, served directly by Royal Berkshire Shooting to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by Royal Berkshire Shooting to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platform.
• Third party cookies, which are served by a third party service provider on our Platform, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Royal Berkshire Shooting uses both ‘session cookies’ and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Permanent cookies survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
What cookies does Royal Berkshire Shooting use?
The Platform serves only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
Type of Cookie
Cookies necessary for essential purposes – These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this Platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages would not be possible.
Functional Cookies – These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of this Platform. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of this Platform.
For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify product or other platform preferences.
Performance Cookies – These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platform.
The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platform, the platforms that referred them to our Platform and the pages that they visited on our Platform.
We use this information to help run our Platform more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platform.
Advertising Cookies – When you visit our Platform or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the Platform these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion.
They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
Social Cookies – These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social media and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
How to control or delete cookies
You can set your cookie preferences by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this Platform cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility).
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We will collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log-in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platform and for internal reporting purposes. We will anonymise and share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
Sharing your information
We do not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
• we will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks and fraud prevention, and any other services required in order for us to use your information for the purposes specified in the section entitled “Information you provide us and how we use it”;
• we will disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party;
• we will disclose your personal information to Purdey who acquired Royal Berkshire Shooting school in April 2018 in order to:
(i) help provide infrastructure and technical delivery systems, security systems and to understand how our Shooting School Services are used; and
(ii) When we have your consent, for marketing purposes;
Protecting your information
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or Shooting School Services to you or in order to do their jobs. Where we ask you to choose a password in order to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for selecting a secure password and keeping that password confidential. You should choose a password which you do not use on any other site, and you should not share it with anyone else.
Retaining your information
We keep your information for only as long as is necessary for our purposes, and in particular to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim (for example, information relating to a contract with you will be kept for the lifetime of the contract and up to ten years after). After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. Where we sought your consent to process your personal information and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent we will delete your personal information.
If you request that we no longer send you direct marketing communications, we will keep a record of your request and contact details to ensure that your request is respected.
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. In some circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal information or a restriction of its use.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information in some cases. In particular, you can ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications at any time (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any Royal Shooting School marketing e-mails.
If you have a concern about how we use your information, as a first step please contact us using the details set out below and we will do our best to resolve your concern. After investigating your concern, we will respond to you in writing within a reasonable time setting out our proposed remedial action. If you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights you also have the right to complain to a European Data Protection Authority in your place of residence or work, or the jurisdiction in which the processing took place.
email@example.com Hook End Lane, Pangbourne, Reading RG8 8SD